We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate marketer with creative talent and great communication skills to join our team in Athens, Greece as Marketing Manager. The incumbent will develop, drive, and execute the strategic and tactical marketing plans for our entire portfolio of services (retail and digital) and will collaborate with internal and external teams to achieve desired results. We are looking for someone comfortable working with numbers, able to make sense of metrics and demonstrate effective return on advertising spend (RoAS).
We are a licensed Payment Institution operating in the Greek market since 1991. We are the principal Agent for Western Union in Greece, a global leader in electronic money transfer operating a network of more than 550,000 locations across more than 200 countries and territories.
We work across a network of trusted Agents to offer our Customers innovative payment solutions.
We are a Team that values integrity, innovation and passion.
- Design, implement and develop the company’s strategy for marketing and communications across all channels and services (retail, digital)
- Manage the company’s communication and marketing budget and lead the process
- Define and implement revenue-driven customer strategies: Lead acquisition and loyalty in order to drive customer acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Lead and develop a strong marketing and analytics team with the support of the Commercial Director
- Overall responsible for campaign management, performance tracking and optimization
- Develop and implement a comprehensive digital marketing strategy that includes performance marketing, SEO, website optimization, and social media
- Develop and execute product marketing strategies that effectively communicate the value proposition of our products and services to our target audiences
- Build relationships with key retail partners and develop win-win marketing strategies
- Propose and implement the company’s PR strategy (exhibitions / conferences / events, etc.)
- Report to the Commercial Director
- University Degree in Marketing or Business. Master’s degree considered a plus.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience working as a marketing manager/ associate preferably within the Financial Services/ Payments/ E-commerce sector
- Hands-on experience in digital marketing (Growth Marketing, User Acquisition/Engagement/Retention and CLV/LTV, Performance & Affiliate Marketing, Programmatic Advertising. SEO, SEM, Social, Email, Display, Mobile, Funnel Marketing)
- Strong familiarity with CRM programs
- Experience in driving community initiatives (e.g., building an online forum, leading an ambassador program, creating a PR event, developing relationships with embassies, etc.)
- Ability to translate business indicators into actionable strategies
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Excel, Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Canva, etc.)
- Exceptional communication and writing skills in both Greek & English
- Sound commercial and financial acumen, understanding of ROI and analytical approach
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Availability to travel in Greece (15% time)
- Competitive compensation package
- Career development opportunities & education programs
- Private Health Insurance
All applications will be treated in strict confidence.